“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
“We got more out of one 2-hour session with you than we did in 4 months with our previous therapist. Thank you!“–quote from a couple recovering from infidelity
While practicing in Providence, RI, I was chosen as one of the three best marriage counselors in 2015 by the national independent website, Three Best Rated. This is based on client reviews, satisfaction and overall excellence.
I am currently located in Denver, CO, where I offer in-person or phone sessions. I also work nationally via phone and Skype.
As a relationship coach and couples counselor, I aspire to help couples connect deeply with themselves and each other so they can create the love they always dreamed of but thought they’d never have…
I have been a certified Life Coach since 2000 and a licensed Psychotherapist since 1993. As your coach, you get the depth and breadth of experience your precious relationship deserves.
A healthy, thriving relationship is a universal goal, yet a rare find.
It can be one of life’s greatest blessings. Many people say a loving relationship is one of their greatest desires, something they dreamt of and perhaps spent years looking for. Yet, oftentimes this dream turns into a major disappointment.
Most relationships take consistent attention and effort to truly thrive. Working on your relationship can be one of the best gifts you give yourself and your partner. This process can help you become a better person, and thereby benefit your partnership as a whole. While your relationship may currently be in some distress, in each moment you can start again and love can be renewed.
Some of the benefits of our working together may be:
- A better understanding of yourself, your patterns, and behaviors that may be contributing to problems without you being aware of it
- The ability to mindfully listen to and receive your partner’s communications
- The ability to communicate authentically and to express your needs with love and kindness
- Learning to recognize and understand your barriers to love
- Committing to removing your barriers to love and helping your partner do the same
- Beginning to see your relationship as a gift to facilitate your higher growth, evolution and healing
- Tools to help you resolve resentments and grudges from the past
- Decreased negativity, criticism and judgment in your relationship
- Improved trust, intimacy, connection and joy
How to know if Relationship Coaching can help you?
Is your relationship suffering from any of these critical indicators that, if left unaddressed, could lead to an increased likelihood of break-up or divorce?
- Defensiveness and criticism
- Repetitive arguing and unresolved grudges
- Loss of intimacy and affection
- Poor communication and lack of conflict resolution
- Trust issues such as lying, affairs, hiding cell phones, emails or text messages
- Lack of time together, no fun or pleasure
- Unaddressed addictions such as alcohol, porn, gambling
If so, please get help before it is too late. It breaks my heart when couples seek help after one partner has already given up or checked out. Don’t make that mistake.
“We had been struggling in our marriage for a few years prior to seeing Nancy as a couple. In the year prior, we had seriously considered divorce. We started seeing Nancy as a couple’s therapist in Fall 2013 and she was the perfect fit for us. She was able to facilitate better communication between us and that was the foundation for fixing our relationship. She has a talent for understanding what you are trying to say and restating it in a simple way that makes sense. With Nancy’s help, we understand and communicate with each other in a positive, loving way each day. We saw Nancy for almost a full year and it was a lot of hard work, but completely worth it. We are happy to say that currently, we are in a wonderful place. Our almost broken marriage is stronger than it has ever been and we are better people for it. Nancy is a wonderful therapist and coach. We highly recommend her to couples with real struggles.”~ S.T. & C.T. (Dentist and Physician)
Why is it that so many search for a loving relationship yet often don’t find it or, once there, experience it as disappointing or simply too difficult to maintain?
In working with clients as both a therapist and coach, I have found that one of the reasons relationships flounder is a lack of skillful understanding and training around what it takes to be in a healthy partnership with another person.
Most of us are unprepared for the challenges of a healthy, long-term relationship and never learn the basic skills. Resentments pile up and we don’t know how to communicate about it and resolve things.
This is where Relationship Coaching can help.
Were you ever taught how to:
- identify your own needs and learn to express them
- understand your partner’s needs
- listen deeply
- communicate with love, safety and non-judgment
- truly validate and empathize with your partner’s feelings
- resolve conflict without inflicting more damage or pain
- rebuild trust and respect if broken
If your relationship is in distress, it is not doomed or hopeless. It may simply be that you need some coaching to develop the skills, tools, and habits to learn to be with your partner in a more resourceful, loving way.
As your coach, I will provide a safe, nurturing place to:
- air your grievances
- communicate with structure and clarity
- learn to solve problems
- learn new skills, and
- repair old wounds
As these wounds are discussed and repaired, your bond can deepen, trust can be rebuilt and the connection can grow. Your relationship can get back on track and you can once again feel hopeful about your future.
I have studied the work of many successful relationship coaches and therapists to bring my clients the most useful tools available to help them get out of their relationship rut and create the love they desire and deserve.
My goal as a coach is to take you beyond mere conflict resolution and communication techniques to create a loving relationship in which you both truly thrive and fall in love more deeply than before.
I work with couples, married or unmarried, straight or gay.
Improving your relationship takes a commitment of time and energy on your part.
Fees: 60 minute session, sliding scale: $100-$130
If your relationship is in need of help don’t wait until it is too late.